WHAT DO CHIROPRACTORS TREAT?

Chiropractic is a developed and recognised profession, however here in Singapore a lot of people still aren’t sure what we do! Lots of people understand that chiropractors adjust the joints of the body and it leads to less back pain, shoulder pain, headaches and many other benefits….  But HOW does it actually work?

 

But what is causing my discomfort?

Throughout your whole body there are nerves. This is the electrical system of our body, transmitting information up and down. For example take your hand. The nerves relay the information down from the brain telling our hand to move it when we want to, and when our hand touches something, such as a something sharp or even the hand of a loved one, the information travels to the brain to inform us. The nerves allow all movement, all feeling, and all life. We can only feel around 5% of the nerves in the body. The remaining 95% of the nerves are for background control; such as how our lungs breath when we’re asleep, how right now both your heart and my heart is beating. When there is pressure on these nerves it affects their function, causing symptoms. But did you know that pain can be the last symptom? Before that it is common to have swelling, change in posture, change in how our muscles work and even a change in how our nerves work!

“If the pressure stays on the nerves for a long time it can increase symptoms.”

This is why you may know friends or family with stiff muscles or tingling in the hands and feet but no pain…this is a sign the muscles or nerves aren’t working!

boy-2027615_1280.png

 

So what do Chiropractors treat?

Chiropractors work with the body to remove interference, this is includes areas where the nerves have too much pressure or where the muscles aren’t behaving properly.

Research shows that Chiropractic care helps with back pain, neck pain, headaches, migraines, knee pain, dizziness, pain in the arms , pain in the legs…. just to name a few!”

However, it must be noted that Chiropractors do not treat or cure these conditions, Chiropractors help the body to work as efficiently as possible and to its full potential, giving the body the chance to properly heal itself. Every day we take in bacteria that is both good and bad but our body deals with it without us ever having to think about it. Every single day we all produce cancer cells, but our body gets rid of them because we don’t need them! Think about the last time you had a small cut, the body heals it all at an intricate level. Even medical doctors will admit there are very few cures for anything, even something as simple as a common cold is best dealt with by letting the body heal itself.

The adjustments remove interference on the nerves that we can feel and the ones that we cannot. These may only be small movements of the bones, but they make a big difference to you. A fall or mental stress is a small thing, but if it stops your system from thriving then it has a big impact.

“Chiropractors don’t treat, they adjust! Chiropractors don’t treat a condition, otherwise they would only be relieving symptoms and they would soon come back”

Chiropractors try not to focus on the pain but how the body is changing and how well it is working. We don’t focus on naming the problem or giving scary diagnoses, this will never lead to better health.

 

Call us today to see how our adjustments can help YOU to better health.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s