Something I have clients ask occasionally, is what the difference is between physiotherapists and Chiropractors, such as myself. The truth is there are some similarities, but the education and philosophies/approach are worlds apart.
What are the similarities?
- Both are regulated professions around the world
- Both are highly trained and have to take lots of exams
- Both used evidence based research and continue their education as part of a CPD process
- Both help all ages but they aren’t limited to merely musculoskeletal problems
- Both are utilised worldwide by high level athletes
What makes them different?
- Chiropractic takes 5 years of study, including a year of supervised treatment of the public
- Chiropractors complete a Masters and can use the title of Doctor
- Chiropractors spend more time learning about pathology and diseases, averaging more lecture hours at university than medical doctors
- Physiotherapists work mostly with the muscles and give exercises
- Chiropractors adjust the joint to affect the nerve function (the nerves that control the muscles, joints and send information to the brain) (Find a remedy for stiff neck)
- Physiotherapists promote rehab for people who have had medical problems, such as strokes, as well as injuries
- Chiropractors promote wellness care to prevent pain and injuries
If you want the answer to Are Chiropractors Doctors, click here.
What’s this ‘adjustment’ that Chiropractors do?
This is an art of taking pressure off of the nervous system, which is extremely specific, taking many years to learn and perfect. This technique gives Chiropractic an edge over many professions as the literature supports its superior benefits for low back pain, headaches, neck pains and improvements in overall health.
To learn about Chiropractic fees in Singapore, click here.
How can Chiropractic help?
Chiropractors don’t look at just the symptoms or muscles, we look at you as a whole and endeavour to find out the cause of your problem. Chiropractors help radically different cases. Find out more about Fibromyalgia symptoms, here.
Call today to find out how our Chiropractic Clinic in Singapore can help you reveal your best health.